Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Areida

Hi, friends! Got a new character for you! Before we get to that, I also colored my most recent picture of Char. I updated the post, so you should go check it out!

On to business.

Tragically, my copy of Ella seems to have misplaced itself, which means I don't have access to direct quotes. Oh well. I can sum up.

Ella's father sends her to finishing school, where she has only one friend, Areida, from neighboring country Ayortha. I can't find the direct quote, but Areida's described as having cinnamon-colored skin, and her hair is a lot of tiny braids tied up into a knot. I have no idea how to draw that, but I tried... :)


ella enchanted
They first meet during an embroidery lesson. Areida is much better than Ella at making tiny, delicate stitches.


ella enchanted

ella enchanted

ella enchanted
Areida is good-natured and kind to everyone, while Ella displays a penchant for vengeance. Singing is big in Ayortha, so Areida is naturally gifted. Later, Char stays at the inn run by Areida's family, and we see an excerpt from her diary.

These are all from fairly specific scenes, so I'm bummed I don't have my book. I'll probably update this when I find it. Le sigh.

1 comment: